This class, we got to meet someone from the CME group. Before class, I didn't know what to expect. We'd read about futures for homework before, but I'm still a novice at investing. I couldn't quite understand what exactly investing in futures meant. However, when the group came in to talk to us about the challenge, I found myself better appreciating the idea of investing.
It's kind of scary to begin. I'm sure that my group will make mistakes (after all, we can't profess to know about investing when we've never done it before), but soon we'll get the hang of the challenge. One thing I learned the importance of was to keep up with current events. Mr. Hallam in his book writes no to follow the news, and I first wrongly understood that to mean not to look at any news. However, that's obviously not a good idea and I know get that we shouldn't look at the financial news, and just go with what we know will work.
It's kind of scary to begin. I'm sure that my group will make mistakes (after all, we can't profess to know about investing when we've never done it before), but soon we'll get the hang of the challenge. One thing I learned the importance of was to keep up with current events. Mr. Hallam in his book writes no to follow the news, and I first wrongly understood that to mean not to look at any news. However, that's obviously not a good idea and I know get that we shouldn't look at the financial news, and just go with what we know will work.
No comments:
Post a Comment