September 22, 2014
I'm most proud of my ability to ask a question (specifically, "Does America dive into solving problems without thinking about the benefits and drawbacks of doing so?") which helped the discussion move forward. I also don't think I dominated the discussion, because I felt that all my group members participated equally and I could jump in easily to give my point without interrupting or awkward silences.
2. What do I need to work on?
Although I liked the question I posed, I believe that I need to become better at thinking deeper while reading and annotating the piece - most of the questions I have are those that have to do with understanding it better, not what the author meant by them; most of the connections I write down are of those relating to me that I don't ever think will help the discussion; and most of the time, I don't have a lot of insight.
3. What did I learn? (Process, Prep, Content)
I learned how to prepare well by using the content to its fullest - if I made a clear attempt to take the piece apart, to understand what the author was saying, I noticed it was easier to come up with things to say that would help the discussion move forward. The way I used quotes to back up my 'argument' validated my points, which gave room for counter-arguments and more discussion.
No comments:
Post a Comment