Sunday, 30 November 2014

MLK Speech Analysis Reflection: Product

I'm proud of the way I was able to identify pathos, ethos, and logos in the speech analysis for our summative. I liked the way I was able to annotate the speech, because with all the practice that we did before, it really prepared me for how to actually annotate the speech. The annotations helped me discover which rhetorical device to use when writing down the quote. However, I think I need to work on identifying rhetorical devices. It was easy for me to realize that a certain section was either pathos, ethos, or logos, but within that section it was a little difficult for me to figure out which rhetorical device it was using. If I was able to do it again, I would perhaps listen to the speech again more carefully, and while doing that note the tone with which Dr. King said parts of the speech. Perhaps this way it would be much easier for me to figure out which rhetorical device.

No comments:

Post a Comment