Tuesday, 31 January 2017

February 1, 2017 Reflection (Personal Finance)

We got back our quizzes today, and I know how to correct my mistakes. A few hours after I turned in our quiz from last class, it suddenly hit me how to do the last problem. I'm disappointed that I didn't get it right when I was taking the quiz, but at least I know how to do it now. As for the other question I got wrong, I should have trusted my judgement. I was inclined to choose the right answer (although, I must confess, I didn't know why) but chose a different one instead. I like this exercise of correcting my mistakes, because it means that in the future, I'll know the right answer. But most importantly, I'll know why it's the right answer.

After correcting our quizzes, we discussed budgeting. I really liked the idea of asking my parents for a fixed amount of money per month and then not asking them for money again. It will force me to budget properly as well as know how much I spend. Speaking of budgeting, I don't think the way I've been doing it this past month will work out. I'm continuing up until January 31 to remain consistent, but starting from next month I'm going to change the way I budget. I hope that's okay, Mr. Bisset! Still trying to figure out which way is best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment