Saturday, 4 February 2017

February 7, 2017 Reflection (Personal Finance)

There's something so relaxing about reading for 25 minutes. I've started reading a new novel - The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. It's essentially a murder mystery taking place in a 14th century monastery. Eco writes in long sentences, and while the words he uses aren't difficult, there's something about the way he writes it that forces me to pay attention, or I'll miss something. The book explains a lot about Christianity during the 1300s, and while I normally don't like overly religious books, I'm enjoying this one. Perhaps it's because one of the main characters, though a monk, doesn't allow his religion to drive all his actions. 

By the way, Mr. Bisset, could you get a couch? It was kind of uncomfortable to sit in that chair when reading. I'm slouching and sometimes the way I sat made my back hurt. If not a couch, maybe a sturdier chair with armrests?

Anyway. I got my parents to give me the total amount of money at the beginning of the month! I recalculated, accounting for a couple of new factors. At the beginning of our month, my family still had a car. But because the car's 10 years were up, it was sent to the junkyard at the beginning of our budgeting period. When I calculated the total for the month, I multiplied by two the amount I'd spend in 2 weeks (which was how long we budgeted for). Because of that, it made it seem like I'd spent twice as much on cabs as I actually had. Now that we don't have a car until the end of the school year, I think I'll be able to spend a lot less taking the school bus and public transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment